Sunday, March 30, 2008

Vogue 8196 - Fitted Blouse Contest






Okay, here goes nothing. My first contest entry!
The pattern was great, it was the fabric that created all the extra work. I used black organza for all my facing to prevent a double layer of polka dots showing through. It fits well, special thanks to my 4 year old daughter for taking my picture! Good job, sweetheart! Just so you know... I have never been more proud of a garment I've made. I could wear this sucker inside-out, all the seams are either serged or enclosed in facings, and my hand stitching is getting so good!
I hope you like it!

3 comments:

Bunny said...

You did a fabulous job on your contest blouse. Personally I thought you received some unwarranted criticism on Gatherings. JMHO. You can be very proud of your blouse and I feel a vote coming on....

Bunny said...

Forgot to add, it fits you beautifully too!

Claire said...

Gorgeous blouse. You and I have similar taste in patterns.