I am slowly (but, surely) making progress on the Communion Dress. Had a near catastrophe the other night involving a leaky black pen... but thankfully, Facebook came to the rescue!!! I didn't realize that I had the ink all over my hands when I turned the dress inside out, and just about fainted when it occured to me. There were black smudges across both shoulder backs, leaving me with no clue how to proceed. Somewhere between depression, rage, and confusion, I posted my problem on Facebook, and was ready to rip the back pieces out and re-cut them... and re-sew them.... when faithful reader (and lovely lady) Leslie commented that RUBBING ALCOHOL WORKS MAGIC ON INK. With nothing to lose, I grabbed some cotton balls and started dabbing and blotting, keeping a clean layer underneath, and I'll be darned... it came clean!!! Major crisis averted, and lesson learned! Leslie: I can't thank you enough!!! And look, you'd never know (if I didn't tell you myself):
Last night the zipper went in, and I attached the lining to the dress at the neckline. With the netting/tulle ruffle gathered and attached to the lining, the dress has this very lovely poofiness to it, that is so absolutely sweet that I now want ruffles inside all of my dresses!
Here's the back view:
Next step is attaching the sleeves, and then attaching the beaded lace trim at the hemline. Oh, and that veil thingy... no problem! ;)