I really haven't made much of anything new since January, aside from muslins. 2 muslins to be exact, for prom dresses requested by two of my students. I didn't think you'd be much interested in seeing muslins, so I'll post those pretties later this week, as Prom is this Tuesday. Here is a sneak peek of one...
I also was busy with a wedding dress that called for a number of alterations. I posted about that back in the late fall, so not much new to share except for the final product. Here is a "before and after". I created more of a sweetheart, cut the top black accent down, created more "pick-ups" in the skirt and added 11 rhinestone appliques, and changed the back from a zipper to a corset.
Lastly, today I brought home a new friend to the sewing room. Her name is "Jane" and she is from Baby Lock land. I really needed a more powerful machine to work with denim and leather garments, and even the bridal gown bogged down my Viking, making me search the internet for a replacement. Jane is strictly a straight stitch machine, but her speed and power will make my work so much better. She is comparable to the Brother 1500, with an automatic needle threader, thread cutter, and knee control presser foot. She came highly recommended from my most trusted sewing machine dealer, so my Viking has been slid aside to make room for this new "friend".
She's calling my name right now, so I've got to go play with her! I'll be back in a few days with Prom dress pictures!