Saturday, January 26, 2013

Old Dog Meets New Trick

 


I had a birthday 2 weeks ago... Birthday #39. That's like 156 dog years, but I really only feel about 120, so I've got that going for me! 
Not my cake, but pretty cool, isn't it???
I was given my choice of pattern design software (I have the world's best husband!), so I did some research, and decided on Garment Designer by Cochenille. From the numerous reviews I found, I think it's a good match for my sewing needs and skill level. I have to tell you that I'm totally impressed with the customer service, and that was before I even placed my order! I got quick email replies to all my questions (Yes, Windows 8 compatible!) and they very generously offered to extend the special Bundle pricing from December (since it was my birthday and all). I'm excited for it to arrive, and start playing with it. 
While I'm planning on using the software strictly for sewing, it has applications for knitters as well, and will allow me to design/alter patterns using various necklines, sleeves, hemlines, skirt shapes, collars... I'm pretty geeked!

In other news... My "python" jacket reaped lots of compliments on Tuesday! "Is it ok... Can I... feel it?" Apparently, it looks more real that I realized! Thanks to all of you for the compliments, it's so nice to have such a great support network in all of you.

I have a few different projects on the table...
My Lanvin Resort 2013 knock off.  A slight adjustment to the striping is in store...
3 dresses for a family wedding in June. I'm in the muslin-making stages, so no pics yet...

I'll check back in soon!!!

9 comments:

becki-c said...

Pattern software trumps cake, or jewelry for that matter. Your hubby really is the coolest! Happy birthday BTW, I remember 39, it was pretty cool. You really don't look a day over 100, in dog years...

Bunny said...

Great gift for a momentous birthday! You will do it justice! Happy 39th! You do realize that from here on all birthdays are number thirty nine, right?

Judith said...

Happy belated Birthday - and you received just the greatest pressie for a sewer! Hope you can share more about this software in the future...J

Mariela Alethia said...

Happy birthday; what an awesome better.

Linda T said...

Hope you thoroughly enjoy your new software. Looking forward to your creations!

L said...

Happy belated birthday! I look forward to seeing your self-drafted lovelies using your new pattern making software.

JuliaRu said...

HI Kristine. I just ordered Garment Designer and am excited to try it out. I'll be interested to hear how your experience is. It really looks like a good product.
Julia

JuliaRu said...

HI Kristine. I just ordered Garment Designer and am excited to try it out. I'll be interested to hear how your experience is. It really looks like a good product.
Julia

Jean said...

Happy birthday! Great gift! I've heard good things about Cochenille -- I've known about them for years because of their knit design capabilities. I'm looking forward to hearing how you like the software!