Got it. Let me introduce you to New Look 6210!
If you'd like to read my pattern review, here it is. Basically, I had a little over a yard of this lovely knit from Joann's (bought it a year ago), and it took a few hours to assemble. I originally bought this pattern a few months ago because I wanted more racer back tanks for the gym. This pattern would be easy to trim down to hip length and make a top, so this dress was my "muslin" version to test the sizing.
I cut and stitched the 16 according to the "finished garment measurements" on the pattern paper, but when I was done, I had a decision to make. There was some gaping in the underarms and it was fairly loose through the sides, especially in the waist. If I left it alone, this would make a great swimsuit cover-up or nightshirt. If I took it in 3/4" along both sides seams (all the way from armhole to hem), it would be fitted and make a great summer tank dress.
So, I used 3 machines to construct it. I used my regular machine set to the slightest zig-zag for the seams, and then hopped over to the serger to clean up the seams (I know that's silly, I really only needed the serger). Then the coverstitch came into play for the hemming.