Friday, July 24, 2015

Faux Liberty Blouse


I'll be perfectly honest: I love the look of Liberty fabrics, but not the price. When I came across this cotton print in a local shop this spring (as they were going out of business), I grabbed enough of it to make myself a pretty top.

Vogue 8747 (OOP)

This is my second time making up this pattern. I just love the way the center front curves slightly at the neckline and the gathers in the button placket.

There's really not much to tell you, as the pattern is very well drafted and illustrated. It didn't take me long to make, as I'd work on it here and there over the course of a few days. No hiccups, no problems, just a nice, easy, calm, stress-free, quick garment!

The finest details of the fabric is tough to see in the pictures, but there is a soft background wide stripe of seafoam green, and the print is a "contemporary" paisley, with soft pink accents. It's just lovely. The color scheme, the print, the weight... I think it reads very "feminine" and I really think it will be a nice addition to my closet.
You can kind of see the soft wide stripes here...
The neckline is perfect for a pretty necklace charm.
I'm working on cleaning up the UFOs in the sewing room, I've got two more patterns that are completely cut and ready to sew: a Vogue skirt and a dress. Summer is flying by too quickly!!!

11 comments:

Nursebennett said...

That is a lovely shirt! I always enjoy seeing what you've created, as it is always perfectly executed.

Gail said...

Love the blouse and I totally agree about the price. I made a version of this blouse. It's a great pattern.

Tany said...

You did a fantastic job, love the blouse. I think I have this pattern in my stash, I must check it out.

Lisa said...

Excellent job! Great choice of pattern and fabric.

Dawn said...

Love this. I really need to tackle a woven fitted shirt. I'm more of a knits girl. We should combine our super powers and become Sewing Woman.

Sue Parrott said...

Very pretty!

Lori said...

Oh, my that is beautiful fabric and you selected the perfect pattern. Your sewing us gorgeous.

Unknown said...

This is lovely, a fantastic shaped blouse too.

Bunny said...

Lovely! I've always like that pattern and the shape it gives. I'm sure it will be perfect for this hot summer.

Grace Saville-Kent said...

Real beauty,Nice dresses, Fashionable, gorgeous. Perfect choice for fashion..

Here is another one to introduce fashion accessories, jewelries, shoes, bags and dresses for women, men and kids then click on below and have your preferences. Ensuring your satisfaction on boutiqueken.


For white blouse

Thank you

Coeur de Roche said...

Thank you for sharing thiss