As for my beautifully constructed Burda jacket... every seam is pressed open and hand-stitched down. There are the shoulder plackets I stitched upside down, ripped out, then stitched backward, then ripped out again. Third times a charm, right? I had to set the back of the sleeve cap 3 times, too. It just kept rippling, and when you search NYC for the perfect wool and don't know when you'll get back to do all again, you suddenly don't mind taking an entire day to set sleeves!
So, before I sew in the lining (which I had completely pinned wrong sides together) and collar, I will try a new memory card and take a new set of photos. It's been a bad week for sewing, just a lot of distraction at the house with the holidays and such. Seems like there just isn't enough time in the day, but I know I can find 30 minutes in there somewhere. Hoping that all of you are finding some much needed quiet time during this hectic time of the year!
*ETA*: After careful review of the pattern stash and the 2 yards I have to work with, I've decided to change patterns. Gathers at the waist (on me) may give people the wrong idea (aka "NO! I'm NOT expecting!"), so I'm seriously considering Vogue 8382 instead, the short version.Since I'm laying the pattern out on the cross-grain to use the color gradation, I measured the skirt circumference and it will work! The reviews I found are positive, with the recommendation to shorten the "V" in the front. As for lining, I'm using some black Ambiance. I will update you soon!