You might not be able to see the transfer markings above, but you can definitely see that my hand-stitching. I stayed inside the seam allowances all the way around, and used a single length of embroidery thread, since the silks are both so fine and to keep the stitching smooth.
I had to place the pattern pieces closely and carefully to make best use of the color change in the fabric. I don't want a noticeable black/purple line at the empire seam! I also made 2 pattern alterations: I raised the "cleavage notch" (all the reviewers said and showed it was really revealing) and added a 1/4" to the s.a. at the waist, just to be safe on the fit, since I'll be sitting most of the night. The lining was much, much easier to cut since it's just black Ambiance. The bodice lining will finish the neckline and sleeve hem, I'm so thankful I don't have to deal with facings!
Hope you're all staying warm. We got our first really cold winter night and woke up to a dusting of snow yesterday. I heard that Texas and Louisiana got more snow than we did, so hopefully that forced you indoors and made for a fun sewing day!