Sunday, August 2, 2009

Construction Zone, Part 2

If you missed "Part 1", here's the link to my start on the contest entry. Last night I sat and beaded more trim, filling some gaps in the middle and doing the other side border. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but I'm afraid it's too much color.
What do you think? Feedback, please....
I think it's growing on me, and while it might look like a lot up close, it's not bad from the viewer's perspective, but I still want to hear your opinions!
And... I can hear ya, now!!!
Thanks so much, the alcohol did the trick, and you've saved me a doctor visit! Best of all, I can hear!!! I think DH was getting really tired of my saying, "Huh? What? Say again?", so he thanks you, too!

9 comments:

Dana said...

Love the cut-away armholes. What if you switched the beads to black? The sparkle would still make it different but in a more subtle way. Glad to hear you can hear!

Bunny said...

I like it just the way it is. My only concern is does it irritate you under the arm with the beads? I like the pop of color and I think that is what takes it out of the ordinary. Do you have some turquoise dangle earrings?

Julia said...

I think the color is just right. I'm glad the alcohol worked!

Amanda S. said...

I'm loving that trim and don't think it's too much. You could pull it all together with some turquoise shoes, maybe. Or a belt in turquoise. Anyway, it's looking great.

Michelle said...

I really like it with the black and silver. I am more drawn to the right side of the photo than the left. But then again, my entire wardrobe is black and grey. I work to try and incorporate more color into it as I sew! But I do agree with the other commenters, that with the turquoise it does give you more opportunity for accessorizing, with a great pair of earrings or turquoise shoes.

Sigrid said...

You're making some awesome embellishments.Love both versions, I do have a preference though, but as this is so personal, I'm not sharing that. Both are perfectly ok.

Sue said...

I like the right side. The simpler look is more classy to me. The left side looks more ornate. So, I guess it depends on which look you are after.

delaïdo said...

I prefer the black and silver on the right (in the photo). Class!

Anonymous said...

Very nice version of V8379. I like both versions. The color/bead version looks more dressy and since it is for a contest. I would go with the glam...personally!