Monday, August 31, 2009

Home from New York City

I don't even know where to start.
New friends. New skills. New experiences. New York City.
I didn't even scratch the surface on the completion of my Chanel jacket (which is to be expected with a couture project and just 4 days), nor with seeing all there is to see in NYC. I will be posting pictures very soon, and had so much fun learning from Kenneth and Susan, and from all the other projects happening in the room. Jackets, skirts, corsets, dresses, pants... there was something different at each work station. You'll see what I mean very, very soon.
"Hello!?" to Lindsay T, Ann, Joanne, Laura, Mariella, Mary, Joan.... too many to name. Please, please, keep in touch new found friends and share your completed projects!

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome home! I can't wait to see what you accomplished/purchased/learned....color me jealous!

Anonymous said...

Amen to Michelle's comment. I'm thrilled you had this trip, and am looking forward to you sharing every detail of your experience with us, along with your latest creations.

As an aside: How us your hubbys hand doing?

Maryissewfast said...

Welcome home...I saw Lindsay T's pics...can't wait to hear more about your experience!

Meg said...

You made it home! Did everyone like their souvenirs? I am soooo glad you finally made it to NYC because I know it was a dream of yours.

To Kristine's readers, this is one fun girl! I hope you all get to meet her one day. And darn her, Kristine looks ten years younger than she actually is!

Unknown said...

Michelle: There were a million fabulous black trims, you MUST contact M&J Trims and request swatches!
Sewslow67: Thanks for asking, Hubby's hand is fully recovered. The doctor said he's very, very lucky!
Lindsay T: I pulled in the driveway at midnight, and the souvenirs were a hit! Little Man is now Spidey Jr. (Toys R Us in Times Square was like an amusement park) and Little Miss Princess absolutely loves her real "crown" (bridal tiara bought cheap in a trim store)! Thanks for all your help, it wouldn't have been possible without you!!!

Gay McDonell said...

Sounds Fab! Can't wait for the pics.... I found you via Lindsay T

Gorgeous Things said...

Welcome home! What a fabulous, fabulous time that was! I'll do a post with pictures (nothing embarrassing, I promise) tonight!

Mary Cargill said...

Kristine, it was so much fun meeting you and I am in awe at your jacket. You are a wizard at fabric shopping too! Mary

Dawn said...

Oh, exciting!! Share! Share!

Dana said...

Suffering from sewing envy...BIG time! With such a fabulous group of bloggers you can't help but have fun. What a great experience for your first trip to NY.

gwensews said...

I'm glad you got to go to NY. I am, however, green with envy!

Gail said...

Am I allowed to be jealous!

Marybeth said...

Welcome home - can't wait to see pics!!

Bunny said...

Hope to hear all the luscious details.