Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mail Call!!!

Two packages came in the mail today, but I had to wait to open them until Little Miss Princess when to bed!

In my last post, I asked if any of you wanted to swap doll clothes patterns for fabric. Salinda quickly replied, and not only sent me a doll clothes pattern, but also included a pattern I've been wanting for so long! (Sorry, Blogger rotated them and I can't seem to fix it...) I was rather confused (but very, very pleased) to find 4 more patterns, too! Apparently, her daughter outgrew them before she had a chance to make them up, and knew I would be able to use them. Thank you, Salinda! You are amazing! You said you'd love some sweater knit, so I have these 2 to pick from: There are 2 yards of each, and both are 60" wide. Both are light (wear a cami under!), and will be perfect for you in Louisiana! Let me know which you prefer, but I should send you both since you sent me 6 patterns!!!
They are both poly/cottons and are both soft. The ivory has accents of taupe and the black has a nice amount of teal.

I also posted a classified "wanted" ad at Pattern Review, and also got a quick reply from Alice, who had 3 patterns, for the price of shipping. I love the internet...
So, there ends my happy tale, and I must keep them under wraps, as the doll clothes will be Christmas presents! Hope you all are just as fortunate in your sewing endeavors this weekend...

3 comments:

julia said...

Great swapping!!!

Marybeth said...

Oh wow how great! I can't wait to see what you make :))) My mom used to make clothes for my dolls after I went to bed, and I would wake up in the morning and find my dolls with new outfits - I used to love it!!! How wonderful...

Salinda said...

ooooooh...i love the blue grey knit!