Saturday, May 29, 2010

No Sewing, Just Sickness :(

I caught the stomach flu from my dear, sweet little children.  The picture above is from a much happier time, but clearly illustrates how I caught it... they're always TOUCHING ME!!! (Know how you can tell it's on old picture? See the muffin tops? Gone now...)

DH is on duty today, so I'm flying solo, too.  At least it didn't hit until this afternoon!
They are being sooooooo good, I really can't complain.  They even made me cards, as I lied in bed.
Little Man's had spiders (Spiderman) and his name.  He had the flu Sunday/Monday.
Little Miss Princess's was more complex with a front that read, "I'm sorry your sick, Mom."
Then the inside said, "I forgive you for being sick."  (She had the flu the previous Thursday/Friday).

This got me reminiscing, and I remembered a birthday card I made on my mom's 48th (I was 8 at the time), that showed a tombstone with her name on it.  While my tact was off, my intention was something along the lines of "You'll always be the best mom, forever and ever."  (Which is actually true!)  Still, what a great mom to behave as though it was the absolute most beautiful (not unsettling in the least) birthday card, ever.

Anyhow, I'll update when I'm feeling better, since I do have a new skirt to show you.  I finished the "Slinky Thing" mini-skirt for my student, and it was awesomely simple. I'm making another in my size (just a tad bit bigger than her...) and am excited to wear it out for a night on the town.

Catch ya soon, and I truly hope you don't catch this bug! (On the upside, tomorrow is weigh-in...)

11 comments:

Michelle said...

"I forgive you for being sick." That is hysterical!!! Sorry you are feeling under the weather, hope that you get better soon!!!

KID, MD said...

You guys are so cute!! I'm sorry you're under the weather, but stomach flu + weigh in can't be a bad thing. Mitch's current 50 pound weight loss began with a stomach shrinking 3 day flu during which he lost 8 pounds and decided he didn't want to stop there. It can be a great motivator!

gwensews said...

Feel better soon!

Bunny said...

Get better soon! Yes, a stomach virus can really be a jump start to a weight loss program. Not that I would advise it, but if you've got lemons, heck, make some lemonade!

Beangirl said...

Ooo, I hope you're feeling better. We forgive you for being sick, too. LOL Can't wait to see the skirt!

Branka said...

Your kids are adorable!
Hope you feel better soon.

Julia said...

Feel better soon!

Marybeth said...

What a great picture! Hope you feel better soon :)))

AuntieAllyn said...

Sorry you're feeling poorly, and I surely do sympathize . . .kid germs are the absolute WORST! Can't wait to see your slinky snake skirt . . . it's such fabulous fabric!!

Rose said...

That picture is adorable. Get well soon!!! I look forward to seeing your skirts (selfish me!).

Gail said...

Hope you all get over it soon. Your photo was so sweet.