10. I had no idea that "Mighty Beans" can fit through an M&M dispenser. This is something only a 5 and 8 yr old can invent when Mom & Dad are busy outside painting the deck.
9. Taking a bite of an apple is a great way to speed up the removal of a loose tooth! And the movie "Tooth Fairy" may give little kids the false impression that the real Tooth Fairy looks like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Poor kid...
8. Replacing an above-ground swimming pool liner is actually not very difficult. Messy, yes. Rocket science, no.
7. Converting your kitchen into a dance club (complete with black lights) is also not very difficult, and quite a hit with the 8 yr old birthday crowd. However, I had no idea that so few girls could be quite that LOUD.
6. Hosting a "Garage Sale" is a huge pain in the butt, where lots of lonely retired folk like to stop and chat, and lots of guys in trucks come looking for tools. The guys are nice enough to pretend to be interested in the tables loaded with toddler toys, but do not feign interest over the table covered in fabric and patterns.
5. Selling stuff on eBay and Craigslist is way way way way way way easier (and more profitable) than hosting a garage sale. Check out the Christmas dishes I sold on eBay for 10 times the garage sale price!
4. No one ANYWHERE wants to buy a large plastic spring horse, in excellent condition, for not much money. I don't get this at all, sine I had one just like it when I was little (I called mine Seeya, like See Ya Later, I am leaving on my horse now!) and I rode that sucker until the springs broke! That's what she said. Oops. Totally inappropriate. ;)
3. Little kids are fearless and learn things very quickly. 8 days of swim lessons, and they were doing things we've been begging and bribing them to do for the last 2 years. We are now swimming without the Spiderman floaty, nor the Princess scuba mask. Yay!
2. Staining a deck with a roller is much, much faster than trying to use a paintbrush. Taking advantage of the early morning and early evening hours is also a good idea. And, if you have to work through the afternoon, make sure you put on sunscreen.
1. My sewing appetite is much bigger than my sewing life. I have garments to be photographed, and so many patterns and fabrics laid out ready to press, cut, sew... But, my summer plans have gotten in the way. When all this other fun slows down, I will have some great things to share with you!