Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mini Me and Swimsuit #1

I *love* me a mini-skirt...
I made this using the ever popular Burda skirt #104a   from the Feb. 2010 issue, and a yard of stretch cotton from Gorgeous Fabrics.  It's sold out, sorry you missed it! Doesn't it just scream "SUMMERTIME"!?!?
Super easy pattern, I've got another in the works and this will definitely become a TNT skirt pattern for me.  Center back (invisible) zipper, and basic pockets.  You can't go wrong with this pattern, all year long!
And here's my first swimsuit ever! Little Miss Princess is my guinea pig, and doesn't mind one bit! She's thrilled with the suit, and it was so easy!  The 1 yard that I bought from fabric.com was more than enough for 2 suits! I lined the entire thing using white swimwear spandex from Joann's, and got the elastic and closure from SewSassy.  The next one I make I will probably do a smidge different (the bottoms are a tiny bit too high-waisted and keep rolling over), but for the most part, I'm really, really happy with it! The top is from KwikSew 2700 and the bottoms are from Jalie 2447.
If you've never done swimwear, you must give it a shot.  The fit is taken care of my the stretch fabric and the elastic (for the most part), and you only need a simple zig-zag stitch!  She's worn it twice already and is asking for another!
I have some "paying" jobs to take care of next: a knit dress, a cocktail dress, and some embroidery orders.  It's also the the last week of school, so my plate is pretty full!  I doubt that I'll have time to update you this week, so I'll just tell you the good news now: another 1.5 lbs gone, so I'm down to 18 lbs lost since Easter! Just 7 more to get to my goal weight, and I doubt that it'll happen by the 4th of July, but I know I'll get there soon.  Besides, I feel so great (and am absolutely thrilled with my new size), I feel like I've already won the battle!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!!!


25 comments:

Michelle said...

Great job on the skirt and the swimsuit! They both look fantastic!

Myrna said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. It's wonderful to feel better. The skirt is gorgeous. No wonder little princess loves her suit; it looks great.

KID, MD said...

You look amazing!! Oh, and nice clothes too.

Amanda S. said...

Wow! You are looking great!!! Love the skirt and totally agree about the great fit from that design.

Faye Lewis said...

The skirt and the swimsuit are great. Love that print.

Lori said...

Very pretty skirt, you are right it is summer. The swimsuit is darling, too.

Mariela Alethia said...

Love the skirt! You looked fabulous.

Marybeth said...

You look awesome! And that swimsuit is adorable!!! Great work :)))

a little sewing said...

The skirt is a winner and so is the swimsuit. And congrats on your fitness accomplishment! It really shows. I have been working hard on my nutrition and activity, so I know how hard it is and also, how very rewarding it is. Doesn't it just boost your confidence? great example for the family, too.

Bunny said...

Christine, you are looking fabulous, girl! You rock the skirt totally.

Vicki said...

Yes, you are looking good. So perhaps you didn't put weight on while camping? Just fluid most likely. Great skirt and a fun swimsuit.

gwensews said...

Cute skirt! Perfect for this hot, humid spell we're having. Good job om the bathing suit!

Anonymous said...

You look FANTASTIC! Oh and the skirt does too! ;) Very summery. Great job.

Aminat said...

Love the skirt and the swimsuit, so cute...and congrats on the weight loss...keep it up girl...

Jenny said...

Beautiful skirt! You look great!

Nóra said...

I like to see your look's change. You're fantastic!

AuntieAllyn said...

Love the skirt, and you look so terrific wearing it! I think I will have to check out that pattern, even tho' I'm sure I won't wear it as well as you do!

Rose said...

What a fabulous skirt for summer! You look great. Great job on the swimsuit!!

Summerset said...

Very cute skirt! The swimsuit looks great - they are really easy to make, aren't they?

Angela said...

Too cute! You look great! I just traced that Burda pattern and starting working on my first swimsuit this weekend, too!

Rebecca said...

I've been reading your blog for over a year now I think and just wanted to comment on how skinny you are! You look fabulous!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Big difference in your profile pic and your current pic - congrats! Love the skirt and swimsuit!

Sharon Sews said...

I need a stretch mini-skirt like yours! Good thing that fabrics gone or you'd end up seeing copies of your skirt on all the sewing blogs :-) It's super cute.

Kristin said...

Your skirt is so summery and you look beautiful wearing it!

amber said...

That skirt is fantastic! I love seeing everyone's version of this. Now, I just need to find time to get back to the sewing room and finish up my skirt!