Monday, June 28, 2010

True Love

No, not the July issue of Burda, but my dear, sweet husband. We were running what seemed like a million errands today, and stopped home briefly.  When he grabbed the mail, and saw the July Burda, Mr. Wonderful snuck it next to my seat in the car.  As we left the house again, I saw it and smiled.  Big Time.
Isn't that sweet? I'm sure he'd rather me talk him up during the trip, but knows how excited I get when the new issue arrives.  I really am a lucky lady to have such a sweet and thoughtful guy...

This issue screams "Summertime!" and there are too many favorites to mention.  I love the cover dress (117), dress 124 is so sweet with a vintage vibe, and and the other knit dress with the ruching (111c).  The top version is also very cute (111b), as is top (114).  The leather jacket (118) is a dream, while the kids summer pieces are adorable.  I really think this issue is one of my all-time Burda favorites since I started subscribing (2 years ago).  I wish I could link you to all these, but the new Burda website is totally making me frustrated.  How do you say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" in German???

Meanwhile, I've been sewing odds and ends.  35 neck coolers for soldiers got done last Friday (tutorial coming), and my sister's swimsuit got altered, I'm nearly done with another knit border print dress for a secretary at school, and that leaves me the purple taffeta dress for the Queen of the Highlands and a tankini swimsuit for a co-worker.  Oh, did I mention hosting a birthday party this week for Little Miss Princess and her pals? Yeah, my cup overfloweth...

Love to all,
K

6 comments:

Beangirl said...

Well, I guess he's a keeper! Sounds like you've got loads of plans, I hope you get to make up some of those patterns because I have a selfish interest in seeing them on a normal (well, ahem, you know) person.


(And oh man, I forgot to copy you on my email about the "new" BurdaStyle site and the "old" BurdaMode site and all the toxic mess in between... can you say "swears like a sailor?" Sure you can. What a disaster area that is. I can't imagine what the, er, heck they're thinking...)

Anonymous said...

Your stuff is amazing! I look at your blog everyday to look at what you are doing. Oh I wish how we talked, I would pay you to make me stuff. oh well, good work keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristine; are you SURE you don't have a clone somewhere ...or that possibly, you are really a twin and not letting us know? HOW do you get all the things done that you do? I do so admire your energy and just love checking in to your blog every day to find out what you're up to now. And yes ...your DH is amazing. And I truly suspect that he feels as lucky as you do. Oh, yeah ...

Bunny said...

What a sweetie! Don't you love it when they can read your mind like that?

a little sewing said...

That is cute; my DH also makes sure BWOF gets into my hot little hands the minute it arrives. He knows there will be a BIG smile.

amber said...

I think you should keep him. ;)