Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weightloss Wednesday!

16 pounds gone!!! Woo hoo!!!!! 
Just 9 left to lose by the 4th of July, but whether I make the deadline or not, I really feel like I've already accomplished so much.  DH has lost 20 and is halfway to his short-term goal.  I really believe that the only reason we were both able to make this work was because we were doing it together, cheering each other on, and holding each other accountable.  We're almost there, babe... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I found a bag of summer clothes that I had packed away 2 years ago (and didn't bother to pull out last summer because they were too small), and everything in there fits.  Some of the shorts are size 10, which really makes me very happy.  Some of the clothes in my closet are now too big to get away with attempting to wear, so it's time to pack those up for Goodwill.  There are a few garments (some favorites) that I made but can't bear to pitch, so I think I'll have to figure out how to alter them.  They are easy items (skirts), so it shouldn't be too hard.

It's surprising (and great) to see how my appetite has changed, and how quickly I'm full now when eating a meal.  I've also developed a keen sense of thirst, and can tell pretty quickly now when I haven't drank enough water.  I also like that I've reached a point where I can reward myself with something yummy and know that I'll work it off and not beat myself up about it all day.  This past week was rather messed up, since DH was fighting a double ear infection and then I caught the flu Saturday.  We're both back to normal now, and trying to get back on track, where we were before all the illness struck!

And a big shout out and congratulations to Angie and Michelle who are playing along at home!  You two are working really hard and doing a great job, keep it up!!!  Angie is doing Weight Watchers and Michelle is doing South Beach, and both are making time for exercising and seeing the smaller numbers on the scale. Nice work!!!  I think it's really cool that the 3 of us are all using different methods, but all finding success.  There's a lot to be said for finding what works best for you, and sharing your strategies with your friends.  I so look forward to their updates and being able to share our successes and frustrations, thanks guys!

10 comments:

Julia said...

Yea!!!!! How wonderful!

becki-c said...

I am so happy for you! You have totally earned those cute little perfect-10 shorts!

Mariela Alethia said...

Hurayyyyyyyyyy

AllisonC said...

That is fantastic, well done. It sounds like you have really changed your lifestyle to achieve this rather than some faddy diet that won't last so doubly well done!

glorm said...

Congratulations! You are doing great. You should have no trouble reaching your goal by July 4, but even if you don't, you are a winner.

Rose said...

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations!

Susan said...

I think it is always helpful to loose weight as a pair. (Love the skirt you made in the previous post FYI).

Angela said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Michelle said...

Congratulations, Kristine!!! You are doing a fantastic job! I survived phase 1 of south beach...now to make friends with carbs again ;)

amber said...

Woohoo!!! You've done a great job and I'm glad that you're appreciative of your progress and cutting yourself some slack with the yummy treats here and there. :)