Monday, August 6, 2007

Does this look like a couch???

In my opinion, NO. The fabric is a tweed made of ivory, chocolate, and rust. The pattern is Vogue 8107, with a bias cut center front and center back. Warning: Stabilize the center back as soon as you cut the fabric, to reduce "waves" in the zipper. I'll never make that mistake again...
Aside from that, I'm really happy with the dress. It can be belted, or paired with blouse in cooler weather. I think it's a flexible garment, and comfortable to wear. I like the large box pleats at the hem, although I do admit seeing a little "couchi-ness" there.

What do you think?

3 comments:

big sister said...

I love that dress. Doesn't look like any couch I ever had.

Anonymous said...

It's very nice, not couch like at all. Is that linen? What type of jacket are you going wear with it, it can be dressed up or down. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Oops I see know that you said it was a tweed, sorry for not reading through.