Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It's a Major Award!

Not really. But, it is a PRIZE and I'm excited to share it with you. My facebook friends won't get it. "There goes Kristine talking about sewing again. Blah blah blah..."
You probably don't remember, but... last summer (oh my, no! It was July 2011!?) I had an epiphany while sorting buttons. Press n' Seal was a key player.  I posted about it here.  I submitted my "tip" to Threads Magazine, and guess what?! It won the "Tip of the Month"!!!  I won 3 (yes, count 'em, THREE) sewing DVDs, and a beautiful hard-cover (heavy!) book!
Can I tell you that I've never watched an instructional sewing DVD before? Apparently, this "old dog" prefers the old trick of "googling" and "youtube", along with the even older trick of "go to the nearest reference book"! Yes, it's ok to laugh, go ahead.  I'm really geared up about the Claire Shaeffer video, as I'm planning on putting together my fall wardrobe this summer, and her jacket construction is amazing! The threads videos I'm sure will be fascinating, as well. Any of you own them?
The book is a big heavy wonderful Sewing Guide, chock full of everything you might ever need to know.  The illustrations and photography is spot on and the explanations look fantastic. I'm really excited to sit down with my morning coffee and flip through it!

 So, when you're flipping through the upcoming issue (#168) and get to the "Press n Seal Button Storage" tip, that's all me. Yup. Does this mean I can tell people that I've been "published"? It's a major award!!! (Name that movie?) And if you're wondering why on earth it took nearly 2 years to make it to print, it's because they actually have to research all the tips before publishing to make sure that they haven't been printed elsewhere. I figured that they just decided it wasn't that good of a tip! Apparently good things come to those who wait?

Swing by later this week, I've got 2 dresses in the making and they'll be ready for sharing very soon!

13 comments:

Kyle said...

Oooh! congratulations!!

Linda T said...

How fun is that! Way to go!

becki-c said...

Congrats! They look very handy. we all knew that you have such great sewing ideas.

L said...

Congrats, Kristine!

glorm said...

Congratulations. Those are some nice gifts. I think a part of the delay is because they get so many tips, since I've read a lot of tips there that I learned years earlier in others' tips section. I never checked if they say it has to be original or just a good tip is fine.

Now submit the same tip to the Press-N-Seal folks and maybe they'll put it on their boxes. LOL

Unknown said...

Ha! Can't imagine what THAT prize package would look like?! But, we love the product, so coupons would be welcomed!

Elaray said...

That's really exciting! Congratulations!

Goodbye Valentino said...

Congratulations on the award. I just found your blog and think you sew beautifully!

Gorgeous Things said...

YAY!!!!!!!

Irene said...

Congratulations! And have fun watching and reading!

gwensews said...

Way cool! Congratulations! What better to win than sewing stuff. Great summer reading/watching!

Bunny said...

Major Congratulations! You have now joined the published sorority! I think the idea of notifying Press and Seal or whoever their master is is just brilliant. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your win! That's fantastic!