Sunday, April 12, 2009

I'm Short!!!

Not my height... my denim! The 2 yards I bought is just enough to eek out the dress, but not enough for the pockets and sash. I'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to get back to Joann's for denim, so in the meantime, I'll make Little Miss Princess and nice little springtime outfit. She picked out 3 solids (lavender, fuschia, yello) and 3 coordinating prints (2 floral, 1 plaid) for some warm weather gear the other day. It's all laundered and cut, just need to thread the needle! The first outfit is the pant (capri length) and short-sleeve top from Simplicity 2677, using the fabrics shown below. (Why won't the Simplicity website let us save the pattern pictures or at least give them their individual links?! So frustrating!)
As for me, I'm starting a new diet. I know this has nothing to do with sewing, but in way it does. I've become really frustrated with sewing well fitted garments for myself in the size that my current body demands. I know it shouldn't bother me, and that hobbies are supposed to be fun, but I can remember the days when I required a far smaller size that the one I'm cutting these days! So, I'm on Day 3 of my new project, tracking my calories, protein, fat, and carbs via the SparkPeople website. It's free, easy to use, and has so much information. I even found a group of ladies there that love to sew, and are dieting, too. Hopefully, you and I will see a healthier me start to develop as I work on this new adventure and continue to sew for myself and post new garments. If you're interested in checking out Spark People, the link is here.

Hope you are all enjoying a wonderful Easter!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That will be cute and pretty. will check out your link for weight management. I need to get that ball running too.

As for Simplicity - if you make the photo bigger there is a way to post it to the blog. email me - I'll share :) g

window dressing said...

Thanks for the heads up on the site. I too, have to bring about a change in my recent weight gain. I keep telling myself that I have to lose and make a conscious effort. The weight gain is also making me avoid sewing clothes for myself because my pattern size has jumped from a 12 to a 14/15. Instead I am focusing on other projects where I don't have to stand in front of the mirror and have to fit clothes.

Maryissewfast said...

I love SparkPeople...they have a "bootcamp" group that is great (not that I have been a good little soldier) and I love SparkPeople Healthy Reflections...food for the soul!

gwensews said...

You look slender in your photos. Certainly you don't have anything to be ashamed of. I love Spark People. Not that it does me any good. And that is my own fault.

Good luck with your diet. Be happy with yourself.

Bunny said...

Yes, your photos show a lovely, healthy young woman. But are any of us satisfied with the status quo? I'm not, for sure. I am going to check out that link!Thanks.